So yes, I've been away. I went to Woollinn, create a video blog for it, then spent over a month trying to edit it. (I've still not finished).
Last weekend we came back from Germany. (I'll write about that separately). I had a mad panic beforehand about taking only one knitting project with me. In the end, I didn't finish the socks I'd taken with me, let alone did anything with the yarn I took for the second-project-shawl. Oh well.
The sock had a mistake in it (I knitted when I should have purled - or the other way round), so I had to tink back several rows. It wasn't my top priority on holiday! The mistake is now rectified, and this is the current state of progress:
|Socks - vanilla socks|
Yarn - Something by Opal
To make the socks look right from the front, I just re-attached the colour at the right stage of the rainbow:
|The sock heel|
I wanted to do more of this this week, but I've been hit with a cold and flu - so it's been going more slowly than I would like, as I don't want to make another mistake. They're going to be ankle socks, partly because it won't fit if the legs are too long, and partly because I need the needles free for a new pair to be cast-on in time for me flying to the USA on Tuesday.
There's a group of us, who blog about socks on the first Thursday of the month. I think I'm just going to make it.... Links to Paula's blog is here who has the full explanation - and the link-up page is here