Thursday 12 April 2018

TBT: Snow

Now we've got a bit of spring in the air (at least in theory) it's easy to forget the Beast from the East which hit us in February. 



At the end of February, we went to the theatre to see This is Going to Hurt - from the book of the same name, by Adam Kay.  It's a (mostly) hysterical memoir about the life of a junior doctor.  It was pretty cold and windy, and the trains were not running as they should have been.  Nevertheless, we persisted and it was well worth it.  Despite having read the book, I was still laughing until I couldn't breathe!



On the way there, I wore my Hitchhiker scarf, finally with all the ends woven in.  I started it in 2016 and may, or may not have completed it in the same year.  I wanted something bright to contrast with the cold and snow.

Waiting for the train

It was at that point, that I realised that I hadn't taken blog photos of the Hitchhiker.  So, the following day, I dragged Mr Knitty out into the snow for a photo shoot: 




Pattern - Hitchhiker by Martina Behm

Yarn- Zauberball by Schoppel, colourway Tropical Fish



It's only on writing this, that I realise I've managed to pair up a German yarn, with a German designed pattern.  


2 comments:

Happy 2020

This blog seems somewhat neglected, but I promise I've not forgotten it.  Both life and knitting have happened, and plans are being made...