Friday 5 October 2018

Once Upon a Sock: October

So, I didn't forget to post yesterday.  It just got late, and I got tired...

I have three pairs of socks currently on the needles, one of which I don't have photos of.

The pair I want to get finished today:


Yarn - West Yorkshire Spinners, colourway Blue Lagoon

I was away over the weekend, and was hoping to finish them then, but didn't.  The other pair, which really should be next to complete:


Yarn - Regia Pairfect, colourway Candy
This is knit with Sockmatician's pattern, using German short rows.  Of the three times I've tried them on this pair of socks, I've got it to work once.   I'm liking the German short rows, but it does take a bit of concentration to turn the heel. 

Today is also my birthday, which is an excuse for more knitting time and sewing badges on to my camp blanket.  For those not in the know, it's a common tradition for Guides and Scouts to sew old badges or souvenir badges on to a blanket, which they then take on camp.  The blanket I'm working on at the moment, includes these incredibly cute badges:


Hello Kitty badges from Japan, 2015
Also my sister gave me the best gift - a poetry book about knitting.  I have no idea where she bought it, but it's amazing.  All proceeds go to Knit for Peace.  There's even one poem which references James Norbury  Be still my geeky knitters heart.  She's also sent me a video of her and my two year old nephew singing Happy Birthday. 




There are about three yarns I want to cast on for my next pair of socks, as well as the Christmas yarn I should start to think about starting on.  That's in addition to any socks I want to knit for Mr Knitty for Christmas.  The focus should be on the two currently on the needles.  If I don't, I'll just cast on a new pair once I've finished the blue stripey pair and the other two pairs will still be waiting for heels, this time next year. 

On the first Thursday of every month, there is a group of us who blog about socks.  OK, in this case - a couple of us have made it the first Friday of the month, but that's OK.  There is a monthly link up hosted by Paula at Spin a Yarn.  If you blog and knit socks, you're more than welcome to join us. 

1 comment:

  1. LOve the stripey...been trying to get some WYS sock yarn, do have some heavier weight.....yeah...I cast on wily-nily and have about 8 socks projects among my other projects...but I think I'll finish two this month..

    ReplyDelete

Happy 2020

This blog seems somewhat neglected, but I promise I've not forgotten it.  Both life and knitting have happened, and plans are being made...