Wednesday 4 February 2015

Tick-tock, tick-tock


Some people knit well to deadlines; I'm not one of them.  Given that I was aiming for one big project a month, I've not yet completed the first sleeve of January's project and we're already at the end of the first full week of February.  The idea of finishing this, before casting on for my grandmother's cardigan, to complete my grandmother's cardigan before mid March is looking less and less likely.

I still need to get rid of the stash.

Bearing in mind that I don't like the yarn I've set aside for her cardigan either for me or for her, and I haven't yet found a decent alternative.  Even if I had, there really wouldn't be room to store it.  (I mean, there really wouldn't be room to store it.  There's hardly room for the important stuff).

So as I still need to get rid of the stash and it's clearly not going to be knitted, then I'm making the brave decision to sell it off.  It's what ebay was made for.  Of course, this involves me being organised enough to take the photos, upload the photos, write the descriptions - and that all assumes I remember my log in details.... 

In the meantime, have some ripply redness of my current project. 




It has grown just a little bit from that photo - by about a hundred rows or so.

Oh, and Royal Mail have finally got round to delivering The Principles of Knitting, which is generally bigger, thicker and heavier than I expected and looks like it's going to be an amazing read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 2020

This blog seems somewhat neglected, but I promise I've not forgotten it.  Both life and knitting have happened, and plans are being made...