Thursday 3 July 2014

Clearing a path

If there was a word to define the last decade of homecare, I think it would be ‘declutter’.  It’s a ‘bang on trend’ way of living our over-crowded lives, right?  So, when I decided to corral all my books in one place and my yarn into another, it seemed like a good idea.  I mean, I only had a few balls of yarn, right?  I agreed with my husband that once the box was full, I wouldn’t buy any more yarn until I’d done some stash busting.  And since I only had one or two balls of yarn (alright maybe three or four) he’d see that there was loads of space left and I could therefore buy more yarn, right?

Seems the joke was on me.  Not only was the box overflowing, this didn’t include several packages of the inherited yarn stash.  Nor did it include the long thin green eyelash scarf for frogging and re-knitting, the multicolour baby yarn I have somewhere and the half skein of self-patterning sock yarn plus pattern given by J to give me practice at knitting in the round.

Ooops

So, I’m on a yarn buying diet for the time being.  On the plus side, I have a vague idea of what I want to do with all the bits, even if I won’t really have the time to dedicate until the end of September.  And on the very plus side, yarns is squashy, so I could, if really necessary, fit another ball or two in if I really needed to. 

Shame I can’t say the same about the books….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 2020

This blog seems somewhat neglected, but I promise I've not forgotten it.  Both life and knitting have happened, and plans are being made...