Tuesday 25 November 2014


At the time of writing, although not at the time of publishing, I’d much rather be at home knitting.  I was a total couch potato this weekend and pretty much stayed at home and knit.  It was the final race in this year’s Grand Prix season and after all the rivalry between Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg, I totally missed Rosberg dropping lower in the race as I was concentrating on my stocking stitch!  Well, what can you do when you drop a stitch somewhere and have to rip back twenty rows to find it again ?  There’ll be replays and clips on Youtube.  I did feel sorry for him having to ask his team to finish the race, when they wanted to bring him into the pit early.  I still wanted Hamilton to win the Championship, but it would have been nice for Rosberg to have a better race.

But anyway – the thing I am knitting is the khaki shrug, first started on some Bank Holiday earlier this year.  I’ve found our work knitting group, where I sat, chatted and completed twenty rows, before the beer kicked in and I decided to make a tactical retreat.  It inspired me to do another twenty rows the following night and now I’m at the end of my second  ball of yarn, which I (re) started on Sunday.  My plan is to get it done in time for our upcoming trip away to York.  We’re travelling by train, so two hours of knitting time each way, and I’ve already been looking up the local yarn stores and the York Craft Trail.

Oh yes, it’s going to be a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 2020

This blog seems somewhat neglected, but I promise I've not forgotten it.  Both life and knitting have happened, and plans are being made...