Saturday 20 December 2014

I wasn’t going to get caught up in this ‘Christmas knitting’ thing.  I swore I wasn’t going to get caught up in it, and somehow I have without realising.  Maybe I just wanted an excuse to buy more yarn ?  (For those interested, Red Lion acrylic in red and white, and a white Stylecraft eyelash yarn.  Bet you can't guess what I'm going to be knitting with that!)




I Have A Plan, but having looked at the pattern yesterday it didn’t make as much sense as I wanted it to, and apparently involves Swiss darning.  Swiss darning!  I’ve never darned anything in my life.  Yet. 

I would do it this evening, but the in-laws are visiting today and all tidying up that I’ve done has somehow managed to be undone this last week.  That leaves Sunday, in amongst packing to go away and buying Christmas presents, and blocking the shawl from York.  And decided which knitting projects to take away, copying the patterns and swatching to know which needles I should take; that’s going to take at least half a day!

If the worst comes to the worse, I’ll stay home from midnight mass.  Or darn in church, and thereby give away the secret.  Or darn on the train and risk stabbing myself horribly.  This is the one advantage of knitting with acrylic – no need to worry about blocking time. 

It will all work out fine,  because if I don’t get this sorted for Christmas 2014, I’ll be well ahead for Christmas 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 2020

This blog seems somewhat neglected, but I promise I've not forgotten it.  Both life and knitting have happened, and plans are being made...