Tuesday 23 December 2014

The Christmas Knitting plan...


…isn’t going to happen the way I’d planned – and that’s OK with me.  I tried, it didn’t happen and I’m not going to stress myself out worrying about it.  The plan was to do mini stockings as place names for Christmas Day.  I tried one, got a little bit more competent with the idea of short rows and picking up wraps and then realised I’d not left myself enough time.  On the scale of one to death, this isn’t even a drop in the ocean.  

Anyway, we had Christmas Day (part one) at the weekend with my parents-in-law.  We had discussions about repeats of self-striping yarn and I tried to roll some skeins into a ball.  I was dropping hints to my husband that a nostepinne would make a brilliant Christmas gift; he didn’t think I had any skeins to use it on.  I was basically proving him wrong.  With the aid of a kitchen towel holder. 

And in the midst of this, my parents in law gave me yarn:



Quite frankly I don’t care if it’s acrylic, or that I don’t have a clue what to do with it.  The acid bright colours suit me no end, and there’s enough to do something decent with it, like a striped jumper or somesuch.


Merry Christmas.  I hope you too are able to count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 2020

This blog seems somewhat neglected, but I promise I've not forgotten it.  Both life and knitting have happened, and plans are being made...